Hitting Rock Bottom

Sometimes it seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.  Oftentimes it seems like no one cares, and no one bothers to listen.  When I have reached rock bottom it seems like there is no way back up.  Have you ever felt this way?  It’s a horrible feeling to have.  To feel that no one cares and understands, and then try to go through the motions, it just takes so much work and so much energy out of me.  I feel alone.  However, we are told “God is close to the broken-hearted” (Ps. 34:19).  

Even when we feel all alone and that no one cares we must remember and we must try our best to know and believe that the Father is there with us.  He’s there walking with us.  He’s there when things seems to go wrong.  He’s there when it seems like no one is listening and that no one cares or bothers to ask and understand. And, he’s right there with us at rock bottom.  In fact, He’s always been there.  He’s waiting for us to turn to Him.  He’s waiting to listen to us.  We’ve spent so much time trying to find someone to listen to us and to understand us, but we have failed to realize that there has been someone all along: the Father.  

God is waiting for us to pour our hearts out to Him.  He’s waiting for us to turn to Him.  He’s waiting for us to say: “Father, I need you. I’m lost and cannot find my way back.  Please show me the way. Please continue to walk with me.  Please do not stop loving me.”

My brothers and sisters, God is never far away.  He’s always with us.  In our very being.  Let us turn to Him in those times of desperation and desolation, trusting that He is there and that He’s ready and waiting to listen to us and to hold us and to say to us, “Don’t be afraid.  I’m right here.  I got you.  Fall on me.  I love you.”

Pray for the grace to trust that God indeed is close to the broken-hearted. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part I

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part II

People of One Heart and Mind

When Jesus Descended into Hell

"It is I" - The Three Words that Casts Out All Fear