God Wants to Listen

BREAKING NEWS: GOD LISTENS!  He wants to hear from you, all about you.  When God said He would destroy Sodom, Abraham pleads with Him, asking if He would really destroy those who were good and righteous along with the wicked.  Then God and Abraham began to discuss the situation and bargaining took place.  God said that He would spare the city if He were to find 50 innocent people in Sodom.  Then Abraham asked "What if there were only 45?"  God said, "I will not destroy it if there are 45 innocent people."  Abraham proceeded to ask the same question with decreasing numbers - 40? 30? 20? 10?  God said that if He could find 10 innocent people, He would not destroy the city. 

God listened to Abraham.  He didn't need to, but He chose to.  Why?  God listened to the pleading of Abraham because God loved him.  God doesn't have to listen to any of us.  He's all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present.  He created the universe!  Yet, He chooses to listen to us, to spend time with us, and to be with us in the realest sense - He became man!  And, it matters that we speak with Him.  God listens to all that we bring to Him, whether it be about our day or how angry we are, and even how angry we may be at Him.  God wants to take the time to listen to us and to tell us "I love you," and to make us feel it.  As we do with our family and friends.  Sometimes we really do not have the energy to or do not feel like talking and just want to have some alone time or to take a nap, but we take the time to listen to them because we know that it is important to them, and because we love them.  That is why we would rather forego doing what we want to do, and instead spend time, even just to lend a listening ear, with them.  If we, flawed human beings can understand and do this, how much more does Our Heavenly Father desire to do this for us.

Talk to God.  He wants to listen.  He is ready and waiting.

Father, sometimes I just do not think that you really want to listen to me or have the time to listen to me.  But, I know that in your infinite and eternal nature, You have all the time in the world just to spend with me.  How great is that?  Give me a spirit of gratitude and grant me the grace to come to you with whatever it is that may be on my mind for I know that you are eager to hear from me.  

Suffer Little Children to Come unto Me by Anthony van Dyck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part I

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part II

People of One Heart and Mind

When Jesus Descended into Hell

"It is I" - The Three Words that Casts Out All Fear