Being Made Clean

What are some of the wounds that hurt you badly and that affect you greatly? What are some things you are holding on to that brings you pain? A strained relationship? Unforgivness? Resentment? Betrayal? Whatever it is, Jesus is looking intently into your eyes now. Lay all those hurts before Him. Tell Him that you do want to be made clean, that you do not want these things to hold you down and keep you from living fully any longer. Say it, “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean. I know you did not will it for me to be hurt for you only will my good. Whatever it is that is causing me pain, teach me Lord to find meaning in it and teach me to unite it with You on the Cross. I ask you to heal me and to make me clean. I know this does not mean you will take away the pain, but that you will bring healing to those hurting parts of my life.” Now, Jesus stretches His hands out towards you, touches you, embraces you, and stands up with you, “I will do it. Be made clean.”

Click here to listen to today's reflection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part I

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part II

People of One Heart and Mind

When Jesus Descended into Hell

"It is I" - The Three Words that Casts Out All Fear