Prayer Matters

“‘Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.’

He said to him, ‘I will come and cure him.’”

 Matthew 8:6-7

Sometimes people ask me “Does prayer work?” I always say “Yes, it does.” Prayer matters. Prayer is our relationship with God and anything and everything we say to Him and bring to Him matters. We often hear people say “pray for me” or “pray for me mother” or something similar. There’s something inside our hearts that know that it means something when we ask others to pray for us.  In essence we are really asking to be a part of a relationship, a loving relationship together with God. The Roman centurion went to Jesus when his servant was dying. Though he was not a professed believer he believed in the healing power of Christ. How did he know? He must have asked around and heard people talking about Jesus. But it was time for him to find out for himself. When he brought his plea and request before the Lord, Jesus simply said “I will go and heal him.”  The centurion didn’t really even ask with words, but Jesus knew. Jesus saw his heart and He knew.

 

Prayers work. Whether for ourselves or for others. When we pray for others, I think it is especially special and powerful because we are bringing someone into our relationship with God, sharing that great love God has for us. When we pray, we do not necessarily need to know the right words to say. We say what is on our hearts and Jesus will be able to see that. God sees the heart and will come to us when we meet Him there. So, I believe that prayer matters. Do you?  

Click here to listen to today's reflection.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part I

The Prodigal Son and Our Belovedness in the Father, Part II

People of One Heart and Mind

When Jesus Descended into Hell

"It is I" - The Three Words that Casts Out All Fear